Safari Ltd Black Sheep
Unlike many other animals, white coloration in sheep is a dominant gene, rather than a recessive gene or mutation like albinism and leucism. Therefore, black sheep are fairly rare, occurring in about 25% of cases when two white sheep that carry the recessive black gene produce offspring.
- Scientific Name: Ovis aries
- Characteristics: This woolly black sheep figure is putting his best foot forward. Finely detailed to accurately represent the crimped curly wool of sheep, each figure is individually hand painted and unique.
- Size and Color: Our black sheep figure is 3 ¼ inches long and 3 inches high, or about the size of a standard deck of playing cards stood on its side. This sheep features the rare black wool coat seen in very few sheep.
- The Black Sheep is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
We all know the nursery rhyme “Baa, Baa, Black Sheep”, but you may not know that this poem dates back to 1731, and has remained largely unchanged in over 200 years. The term “black sheep” is used to describe a member of a group or family who stands out and is not like the rest. Variations of this phrase can be found in over 20 languages, although in some languages the term “white crow” is used to mean the same thing.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 8 L x 3.5 W x 7.5 H
- Size in inches: 3.15 L x 1.38 W x 2.95 H
- UPC: 095866001636
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh