Safari Ltd Clouded Leopard
The Clouded Leopard is a smaller relative of the “big cats”. Native to Southeast Asia, this feline’s coat features large blotchy markings instead of the smaller “rosette” shaped spots of its cousin the Leopard.
- Scientific Name: Neofelis nebulosa
- Characteristics: This wild cat figure is posed in a walking stance, perhaps prowling through the forests at the base of the Himilayas, in search of prey.
- Size and Color: Measuring 5 inches long and 1 ¾ inches tall, this figure is painted with the distinctive Clouded Leopard pattern: a “dotted line” of black broken stripes down its back, the large “cloudy” blotches on the side that give the species its common name, and black spots along its tail, underside, and legs. Clouded Leopard fur ranges from gray to yellowish brown, which serves as the base coat for this figure, fading to white on the underbelly.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Clouded Leopard, though it is not one of the “big cats” of the genus Panthera, is a member of a closely related genus and serves as a kind of evolutionary bridge between Panthera and the smaller cat species like lynxes, cougars, and cheetahs. Despite their small size, these cats have abnormally large canine teeth, which can be as large as those of the Tiger, a cat that can be up to seven times bigger than the Clouded Leopard. Little is known about this cat’s habits or diet, as it is mostly nocturnal (active at night) and difficult to observe.
The Clouded Leopard is listed as a “Vulnerable” species, and its population is in decline. Though hunting this species is illegal in many countries, the laws are poorly enforced and poaching these animals for their skins (used to make coats) is the chief threat to their existence. There are currently estimated to be fewer than 10,000 Clouded Leopards left in the wild.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.5 L x 2.5 W x 3.9 H
- Size in inches: 4.92 L x 0.98 W x 1.54 H
- UPC: 095866003647
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|