Safari Ltd Dingo
A wild canine endemic to many parts of Australia, the dingo generally inhabits grasslands and forests and is thought to have descended from semi-domesticated dogs. Despite the diversity of wildlife across Australia, dingoes are the continent’s largest terrestrial predator.
- Scientific Name: Canis lupus dingo
- Characteristics: Although they’re not generally aggressive, dingoes are probably best studied with our figurine, rather than up close in real life. Individually painted and hand crafted by professionals, our wildlife models allow you to visit all of the exotic corners of the world from your living room!
- Size and Color: 4 inches long and 2.25 inches tall, our dingo statuette is a touch longer than a deck of cards stood on its side. It has a sandy orange coat with a cream-colored underside.
- This Dingo is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Interestingly, there’s no consensus regarding what the dingo actually is. It has been referred to as a wolf, dog, dingo, wild dog, and even a feral dog. In fact, researchers and scientists aren’t exactly sure where dingoes even came from. The most popular belief is that they’re the descendants of semi-domesticated dogs, but others suggest that they descended from a now extinct species of Asian wolf. Dingoes have even been known to mate with other domesticated dogs, making their classification even more challenging!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10 L x 3.56 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 3.94 L x 1.4 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866001070
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh