Safari Ltd Tennessee Walking Horse
Anyone who has spent hours on a horse knows the ride can be taxing. The Tennessee Walking Horse was developed to change that. The horses are famous for their smooth running walk, an inherited gait that is easy on both rider and horse.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This figure captures a Tennessee Walking Horse in the midst of its most recognizable movement, the running walk for which the breed is named. Decorative bands and flowers in the mane denote this is a show horse.
- Size and Color: This chestnut-colored Tennessee Walking Horse is 5 ¼ inches long and 4 ¼ inches tall, a little smaller than a DVD case.
- The Tennessee Walking Horse is part of the Winner's Circle collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Before automobiles, farmers and others who traveled on horseback for a living needed a reliable ride that could wouldn’t jostle or bounce. Fortunately, the early settlers of Tennessee had been working on just such a horse, combining Thoroughbreds, Morgans, Canadians, and a few other breeds to create the Tennessee Walking Horse. The beautiful animal is instantly recognizable for its running walk, a gliding four-beat motion. The running walk is an inherited trait; other breeds cannot be taught it. The running walk is ideal for smooth travel over long distances, wearing out neither rider nor horse, while allowing reasonable speed. These horses are gentle and intelligent, and although the needs of farmers have changed, their pleasant persona and easy ride makes Tennessee Walking Horses popular still today, especially at shows, where the unique gait stands out.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.5 L x 3.5 W x 9.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.92 L x 1.38 W x 3.74 H
- UPC: 095866159306
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|