Safari Ltd Thoroughbred
Thoroughbreds are built for speed – they’re a “hot-blooded” breed known for their energy, agility and racing ability. The roots of the breed date back to the 1600s and 1700s, when horse racing rose to popularity in England.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This Thoroughbred figure is rearing up on its hind legs, with its mane swaying as its head turns to the left, showing the energy and spirit of the breed.
- Size and Color: Standing 5 inches tall and 5 inches long, this hand-painted Thoroughbred figure is about the size of a DVD or Blu Ray disc. It features a Bay coat coloration (reddish brown with black nose, legs, mane, and tail. It features a white mark on its forehead, and white rear feet, with dark grey front hooves and peach colored rear hooves.
- The Thoroughbred is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The term “Thoroughbred” is occasionally (and incorrectly) used to refer to any purebred horse, but it specifically refers to the Thoroughbred breed. This horse is specialized for speed and agility, and as such known for its achievements in racing, dressage, show jumping, polo, and other equine competitions.
The Thoroughbred roots can be traced back to three sires (two Arabians and one Turk), noted for their energy and stamina, who were bred with English mares. Today, Thoroughbreds are often cross bred with other horses to introduce their qualities into existing breeds. Such breeds include the American Quarter Horse, the Standardbred, and quite possibly the Morgan horse.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.5 L x 4.5 W x 12.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.31 L x 1.77 W x 4.92 H
- UPC: 609366001364
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh