Safari Ltd Brown Swiss Calf
This Brown Swiss calf has been born in the Swiss plains, a mostly flat area of grasses and lakes and ideal temperatures. As it grows, farmers may take it up to the hills and mountains where it can graze the rich, rain-soaked grasses that will allow it to be an excellent milk producer.
- Safari Ltd Model 161729
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 8.25 x 6.25 cm
- Size in inches: 3.25 x 2.46 inches
- UPC: 095866000202
Brown Swiss cows were domesticated as meat, milk, and draft animals initially, as were most breeds of cattle. Cattle domestication lagged behind other animals, as sheep, goats, and dogs certainly were domesticated earlier, but domestication may have occurred first as early as 10,000 B.C. Scientists believe Aurochs were domesticated in at least two separate events, first in the fertile crescent and second in India, with a possible third domestication occurring in Africa. From there, domesticated cattle were traded and moved throughout the world, breeders emphasized particular characteristics based on location and need, and we have the massive diversity in cattle breeds we see today as a result.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: Like most calves, Brown Swiss calves spend the first four to six months in the care of their mothers. Make this cute calf part of a Brown Swiss family.
- Size and Color: Despite the name, not all Brown Swiss cattle are brown, and this 3 ¼ inch long calf is nearly all white, save for the black snout and hooves.
- The Brown Swiss Calf is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh