Safari Ltd Donkey
Donkeys were originally domesticated in Egypt around 6000 years ago from wild Nubian asses, a species that is now threatened with extinction. Not as large as horses, they could still carry heavy loads and were prized as desert-adapted pack animals.
- Scientific Name: Equus asinus
- Characteristics: This domestic donkey has many horse-like qualities, but don’t let the smaller size fool you. Donkeys are strong animals adapted to harsh conditions.
- Size and Color: Painted in classic donkey colors, with a light grey hide, white underside, and black mane and tail, this 4-inch-long donkey is about the size of a plump cucumber.
- The Donkey is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Donkeys have played a prominent role in many cultures. Domesticated by the Egyptians, carvings of donkey hunts and donkeys at work appear on ancient stonework. A donkey carried Jesus of Nazareth into Jerusalem for his final Passover celebration. George Washington was given gifts of donkeys by both the king of Spain and the Marquis de Lafayette. Since 1870, the donkey has been the symbol of the Democratic party in the United States. Recent beloved donkeys include A.A. Milne’s Eeyore and the more contemporary donkey of Shrek fame.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.7 L x 3 W x 7.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.21 L x 1.18 W x 2.95 H
- UPC: 095866249809
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh