Safari Ltd Donkey Foal
A foal is a baby donkey. Grown male donkeys are jacks, and grown females are jennets. Although resembling a horse, donkeys have several unique characteristics, including longer ears, larger eyes, stronger hooves, and a distinct braying call.
- Scientific Name: Equus asinus
- Characteristics: Like horses, this donkey foal has longer legs disproportionate with its body size. This accommodation ensured that young animals could begin to walk and run quickly and thereby survive in the wild.
- Size and Color: This 2 ¾-inch-long donkey foal displays the greyish brown color that gives the donkey its English name, which comes from the old English word dunkey, meaning greyish brown. A white underside and black mane and tail add contrast.
- The Donkey Foal is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Donkeys were first domesticated in Europe from the wild African donkeys of Nubia. Not only do donkeys resemble horses and zebras, but they also have a common ancestor: Dinohippus, which means terrible horse. However, the name is misleading, for this prehistoric creature that roamed North America between 5 and 13 million years ago was neither very large nor particularly terrible. Going back further in time, we discover Eohippus, the dawn horse, a tiny horse-like mammal that lived shortly after dinosaurs went extinct. From this creature, horses adapted by growing larger and faster, enabling them to compete and survive as predators also grew larger.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6.8 L x 2.1 W x 6.2 H
- Size in inches: 2.68 L x 0.83 W x 2.44 H
- UPC: 095866249908
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh