Safari Ltd Einiosaurus
Einiosaurus is one of several horned dinosaurs that lived in North America during the Late Cretaceous. This so-called ‘buffalo of the Cretaceous’ walked on four legs and had a distinctive forward-curved horn on its nose. It has only been excavated from Montana, USA, where it browsed for plants 74 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Einiosaurus procurvicornis
- Characteristics: The most distinctive character of Einiosaurus is its unique, forward-curved nose horn. Einiosaurus had a horny beak and a frill on its head with backwards-projecting spines, but lacked brow horns. This dinosaur walked on four short, robust legs. It was moderately sized at 15 ft long.
- Size and Color: This model is 6.25 inches long and 2.5 inches high. Its head frill is adorned with large brightly colored spots to ward of predators or attract mates.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Einiosaurus was first discovered in the 1980s in Montana, USA. Expeditions led by the Museum of the Rockies unearthed three complete adult skulls and several other bones belonging to old and young individuals. It was named and described in 1995.
Einiosaurus was a horned dinosaur, more properly known as a ceratopsian. Ceratopsians are sometimes referred to as the ‘buffaloes of the Cretaceous’ because they lived in large herds. The name Einiosaurus even means ‘buffalo reptile’.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 16.25 L x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 6.4 L x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866000998
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK