Safari Ltd Gryposaurus
Gryposaurus, also known as the ‘hooked-nose lizard’, was a ‘duck-billed dinosaur’ with a prominent nose. This herbivore occupied North America during the Cretaceous Period, approximately 80 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Gryposaurus notabilis
- Characteristics: Gryposaurus had a distinctive skull with a raised nose, broad beak, and batteries of blunt teeth for grinding up plants. It had long strong hind legs and feet with three large toes that end in hoof-like claws. It had shorter arms with four-fingered hands, which it also used for to support its weight. It had a short neck and a long tail, which helped it to balance on two legs occasionally. It reached large sizes of over 27 feet long.
- Size and Color: This model is 8.5 inches long and 3.25 inches high. It is blue-grey with a row of yellow scales along the top of its back.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Gryposaurus notabilis was named in 1914 by the Canadian paleontologist Lawrence Lambe, but it was regarded as a species of Kritosaurus for most of the twentieth century. The best known species, Gryposaurus notabilis, is known from approximately 10 complete skulls and lots of associated skeletons from the Dinosaur Park Formation of Alberta, Canada. This makes it one of the best known hadrosaurids, or ‘duck-billed dinosaurs’.
Gryposaurus used its sturdy limbs and hoof-like claws to support its weight. Its broad beak helped it to strip vegetation, and it ground down the tough plant material with batteries of tough teeth. Its prominent nose horn may have helped to differentiate between males and females, or it could have been colorful to assist with species recognition and communication.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 21.75 L x 8.5 W x H
- Size in inches: 8.56 L x 3.35 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866302504
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh