Safari Ltd Kermode Bear
The Kermode bear, also known as the spirit bear, is a subspecies of American black bear found exclusively in Canada. Although you might think it at a glance, they aren’t albino or related to polar bears. Instead, Kermode bears have a special gene unique to the subspecies.
- Scientific Name: Ursus americanus kermodei
- Characteristics: Similar in temperament to black bears, Kermode bears are generally shy and avoid confrontation, depicted by this figurine’s timid gait. Hand-painted and professionally sculpted with superior quality, this figurine can serve a wide range of functions, from education to play.
- Size and Color:4.5 inches long and 2.5 inches tall, this model is a touch smaller lengthwise than a dollar bill stood on its side. Easily identifiable by its ghostly, cream-colored fur, it’s no mystery where this bear earned its nickname.
- The Kermode Bear is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Endemic to British Columbia, spirit bears hold a prominent place in the folklore and cultural traditions of the surrounding human populations. In fact, they are the official provincial mammal of British Columbia. Interestingly, researchers have surmised that the unique coloration of the Kermode bear actually makes them better hunters of fish during the daytime when compared to normal black bears, because their light fur in combination with the sunlight makes them less visible to marine life. Despite its colloquial moniker, we promise there’s nothing scary about this unusual ursine, making it a great addition to any home!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11.5 L x
- Size in inches: 4.53 L x
- UPC: 095866001810
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh