Safari Ltd Largemouth Bass
Also known as the widemouth bass, bigmouth bass, and the black bass, the largemouth bass is one of the most commonly hunted freshwater fish in the world. Originally endemic to the United States, it is now widely distributed around the planet.
- Scientific Name: Micropterus salmoides
- Characteristics: Largemouth bass are easily distinguished from the similar looking smallmouth bass and spotted bass by the size of their mouth, which extends beyond their eyes. Hand painted and professionally crafted, this figurine is wonderful for an aspiring marine biologist looking to brush up their freshwater fish knowledge!
- Size and Color: Largemouth bass are predominantly olive green, and have distinctive black spots along their side. Standing 3 inches tall and 6.25 inches long, this model is a bit larger than a soda can resting on its side.
- The Large Mouth Bass is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Because of its popularity as a game fish, the largemouth bass has been introduced to many different bodies of water around the world. As a result, it has been classified as a highly impactful invasive species. In many regions it either out competes or preys upon the native wildlife. In fact, some scientists believe the largemouth bass is responsible for the extinction of the Atitlan Grebe.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 15 L x 7.25 H
- Size in inches: 5.91 L x 2.85 H
- Scale: 1:4
- UPC: 095866265601
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh