Safari Ltd Moose Calf
Adult moose can grow to be over 7 feet tall, but this little calf still has a long way to go! Unlike other mammal species, moose calves can stand on their feet shortly after birth, and can even run after a few days. After a week, they can run faster than a human!
- Scientific Name: Alces alces
- Characteristics: Meticulously sculpted by hand and painted with amazing true-to-life detail, this figurine is a wonderful gift for a nature enthusiast or model collector, and is also great as a piece of décor or as a toy for rewarding and beneficial play. We know this moose calf is adorable, but keep your distance – moose cows are known to fiercely defend their young!
- Size and Color: 3 inches long and .9 inches tall, this moose tot is about as long as a deck of cards on its side and as tall as tall as a quarter stood upright. Like almost all moose, this model has a thick coat of hickory brown fur that is somewhat lighter around the legs.
- The Moose Calf is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Moose grow up and adapt to their environments quickly, mainly because they have to be self-sufficient in just under a year. Mothers will try to push their calves away shortly before the next year’s mating season, because they can only care for one calf during the winter months. Although this may seem unforgiving for the calf, keep in mind that mothers will defend their young ferociously while raising them. In fact, some believe that moose are more protective of their young than grizzly bears!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.5 L x 2.5 H
- Size in inches: 2.95 L x 1 H
- UPC: 095866181208
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh