Safari Ltd Piglet
Piglets are precocious animals, born with teeth and the ability to suckle immediately. They first fight for space with their littermates, but eventually a teat order is established. Stronger piglets get the best positions, which stimulates more milk for the rest of the litter.
- Scientific Name: Sus domesticus
- Characteristics: This active, happy-go-lucky piglet is ready to play. With head raised and mouth open, the playful figure is a joy to have on the farm.
- Size and Color: This light pink piglet measures 2 inches long and 1 ¾ inches tall, about the same as a lime. Its trotters are dark pink, and it also has darker, lifelike shading about the face and snout.
- The Piglet is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The pigs that eventually would end up in North America were originally domesticated around 10,000 years ago in modern-day Turkey. From there, they were spread to Europe by traders and travelers, eventually becoming staples in Spain. In the 1500s, at the height of the Age of Discovery, Spanish explorers intent on discovering new lands took domesticated pigs to North America, where some of them settled in the southeastern United States. More pigs crossed the Atlantic with settlers, until they could be found from Maine to Florida. Naturally, some pigs escaped, survived in the wild, and established separate populations. Today, domestic pigs are farmed in every state, while formerly domesticated feral pigs have been spotted in 45 of 50 states. To complicate matters, true Eurasian Wild Boars were brought to North America in the 1900s.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Safari Ltd model 160629
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 7 cm
- UPC: 095866160609
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh