Safari Ltd Poseidon
God of the seas, ruler of the waves, Poseidon looms large in Greek mythology. Often pictured in a chariot pulled by dolphins or carrying a trident, Poseidon is known for wild exploits, a stormy temper, and more than a few adventures.
- Scientific Name: Poseidon
- Characteristics: Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea, divided the world with his brothers Zeus and Hades. Regal and powerful, his temper was feared by all who sailed the seas.
- Size and Color: This Poseidon figure stands 5 inches tall, with scaly blue-green legs similar in color to the mermaid and sea dragon figures. With wild hair and powerful gaze, it appears he’s commanding the waves.
- Poseidon is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although the Greeks also told stories of river gods and lesser ocean deities, Poseidon was the ruler of all waters. Not content to simply enjoy his realm, Poseidon often interfered with the lives of gods, heroes, and mortals. He was the father of many, including Theseus, Polyphemus the cyclops, and Pegasus. He is most often featured as a powerfully built, bearded man carrying a trident.
The foolish Odysseus would pay for this. Poseidon grumbled in his undersea palace, anger festering inside him. He’d just received word that his son Polyphemus the cyclops had been blinded by a seafarer named Odysseus. He remembered wily Odysseus, of course, for his bravery beneath the walls of Troy. But now the hero had gone too far and must be punished. Poseidon thought of all that was at his disposal. Storms, winds, waves, yes. But also the Sirens, Scylla, Charybdis, sea serpents, and maybe a few other surprises along the way. Too bad Odysseus would be back home soon. If only Poseidon could make the journey last longer, he could inflict all manner of punishment. Poseidon smiled, hefted his trident, and called for his chariot. Ten years ought to be enough.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 3.8 L x 6.8 W x 12 H
- Size in inches: 1.5 L x 2.68 W x 4.72 H
- UPC: 095866801007
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh