Safari Ltd Shunosaurus
Shunosaurus is a distinctive dinosaur with a dangerous clubbed tail and a relatively short neck for a sauropod. This large plant eater occupied China during the Middle Jurassic, about 170 million years ago.
- Scientific Name: Shunosaurus lii
- Characteristics: Shunosaurus is a plant eater with a tiny skull relative to the size of its giant body. It has simple peg-like teeth for stripping leaves, a moderately long neck, and a long tail. Shunosaurus walked on all fours and its front legs are slightly shorter than its hind legs. Its front feet have a single claw on the thumb and its strong hind feet have five toes. Its tail ends with a swollen spiked club. It grew up to 33 feet long.
- Size and Color: This detailed model is 6.5 inches long and 2.75 inches high. It has yellow and white stripes on its neck and tail.
- The Shunosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
This unusual long-necked dinosaur was named in 1983 based on bones excavated in 1977 from Sichuan Province, China. Its name even means ‘Sichuan Province lizard’. Further discoveries described in 1989 revealed that Shunosaurus had a spiked club on the end of its tail, an unusual adaptation because sauropod typically have long tapering whip-like tails.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 16.5 L x 2.75 H
- Size in inches: 6.5 L x 1.08 H
- UPC: 095866000608
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh