Safari Ltd Skunk
Skunks are related to weasels, badgers, otters and wolverines, but are in their own family. They are well known for their ability to spray a foul-smelling liquid as a defense mechanism. Their striking white and black fur pattern warns other animals to steer clear, lest they be sprayed with the smelly, difficult to remove liquid.
- Scientific Name: Mephitis mephitis
- Characteristics: Watch out! This Skunk is ready to spray! With its tail raised and its back arched, this little stinker is ready to let loose on anything or anyone who won’t back off. But don’t worry – our figure smells far better than the real thing.
- Size and Color: This stinky Skunk figure doesn't really smell, unlike it's real life counterpart. It is 2 ½ inches long and 2 ½ inches tall to the tip of its raised tail. It’s a little smaller than a Post-It note. Its coloration is the distinctive skunk pattern of black with white stripes running down either side of its back, meeting at the forehead and the end of the tail.
- The Skunk is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Striped Skunk is found almost everywhere in the United States, as well as through much of Canada and northeastern Mexico. When threatened, the Skunk will raise its bushy tail in a defensive posture and, if that’s not enough, spray a chemical mixture from its scent glands. This spray can travel several meters and even cause temporary burning if it reaches the eyes. But the main thing is – it stinks! A skunk’s chemicals – a mixture relating to sulfur - can saturate clothing, skin and fur and linger for weeks.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6.98 L x 2.54 W x 6.03 H
- Size in inches: 2.75 L x 1.0 W x 2.37 H
- UPC: 095866004477
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh