Safari Ltd Wyvern Dragon
Unlike traditional dragons, the wyvern has only two legs, which end in eagle-like talons instead of claws. Its powerful wings are more substantive than most dragon species, allowing for extended flights. The wyvern also has some of the sharpest eyesight among all dragons.
- Scientific Name: Draco wyvernesis
- Characteristics: Stunning colors and unique physiology set this figure apart. This wyvern is ready to take to the air.
- Size and Color: The wyvern figure is 5 ¾ inches long with a 6 ¾ inch wingspan. Bright splashes of blue, yellow, and green complete this unique figure.
- The Wyvern is part of the Dragons collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The history of wyverns is, of course, mingled with that of dragons. Although all dragons adapt to their surroundings, the wyvern is so unique it might be considered a separate species. Not as large as dragons, wyverns were nonetheless known for ferocity and malignance. A flag with a golden wyvern was carried in a battle between the Saxons and the Mercians in early medieval times, perhaps beginning a long tradition of the mythical creature appearing in English heraldry.
The Saxons of Burford woke early that day, in the spring of 752. A Mercian army had made camp across the river the night before and those who wouldn’t join the battle knew time was short to escape into the forest. As the sun rose, a large flag was seen across the river. It was the golden wyvern, symbol of this Mercian army. With powerful wings and two strong legs, the symbol struck fear in all who saw it. Horns sounded, and the battle soon began. As luck would have it, the Saxons, despite facing the golden wyvern, were victorious that day. For 1000 years following, the villagers celebrated the anniversary of their victory over the forces of the wyvern by making a dragon and marching it through the streets.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Size in cm: 15 L x 17 W x 9.75 H
- Size in inches: 5.91 L x 6.69 W x 3.84 H
- UPC: 609366101248
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK