Safari Ltd Albino Burmese Python - Large
The amazingly detailed Incredible Creatures® collection features scaled model figures of reptiles, fish, invertebrates, mammals and more. With these larger-scaled animal figures, you can get up close and personal with lifelike detail that’s perfect for play.
The Burmese Python is the third largest snake in the world. The largest examples can measure nearly 20 feet long. They are commonly kept as pets, and escaped or released pythons have established themselves as an invasive species in Florida. They are often selectively bred for unique colors and patterns, with the albino morph being one of the most popular.
- Safari Ltd Model 100250
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14.2 x 7.5 x 2.2 cm
- Size in inches: 5.59 x 2.95 x 0.87 inches
- Scale: 1:6
While definitions of the condition of albinism are varied, it typically refers to an organism that lacks the pigment melanin, which is responsible for producing color. Albino animals are typically all white, and usually feature pink eyes. “Albino” Burmese Pythons, while they do meet the broader definition of albinism (a lack of pigment) are more accurately referred to as amelanistic. While it involves a similar lack of melanin, non-mammalian animals such as reptiles produce non-melanin pigments. This means that even without melanin, an amelanistic Burmese Python will show some colors such as yellow or cream-colored markings. While younger “Albino” Burmese Pythons have red eyes, the color usually changes with age. Despite not being true albinos, this is the common name most frequently used for this color morph.
- Scientific Name: Python bivittatus
- Characteristics: This Burmese Python figure reflects a color pattern often referred to as “albino”, though it is more accurately “amelanism”. This figure is posed in a curled position, with its body winding back an forth in an S shape.
- Size and Color: Instead of the dark brown color normally found in nature, this hand-painted figure is a yellow-cream color with peach orange blotches ringed with white. The figure measures 5 ½ inches wide, 3 inches long and ¾ of an inch high. It’s about the size of a smart phone.
- The Albino Burmese Python is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK