Safari Ltd Ameraucana Chicken
The Ameraucana chicken is an American breed of fowl that is known for its blue eggs. It’s derived from the Chilean chicken breed known as Araucana, and its name reflects both its status as an American breed and its lineage in the chicken of Chile.
- Scientific Name: Gallus gallus domesticus
- Characteristics: This Ameraucana figure features the classic traits of the breed, including a pea comb, blue gray feet and a tufted tail that sets it apart from the Araucana. The green base helps ensure the figure’s stability.
- Size and Color: This chicken figure is about 2 ¼ inches long and 1 3/4 inches high, making it approximately the size of a saltine cracker.The figure’s coloration is a cream off-white with light brown accents and blue gray feet, reflecting the wheaten variant of the Ameraucana.
- The Ameraucana Chicken is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Ameraucana chickens were bred in the 1970s to retain the blue egg gene of the Araucana, while breeding out unwanted genes. Eight color variations are recognized: blue, blue wheaten, brown red, buff, silver, wheaten, white and black.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 6 L x 2.5 W x 4.5 H
- Size in inches: 2.36 L x 0.98 W x 1.77 H
- UPC: 095866002121
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh