Safari Ltd Arabian Oryx
The smallest member of the Oryx genus, the Arabian Oryx can be found throughout the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula. They previously had a much wider range, but due to large levels of over-hunting, their numbers and distribution dropped significantly.
- Scientific Name: Oryx leucoryx
- Characteristics: With horns that can grow to be over two feet tall, this Arabian Oryx is best put on display in a room with a high ceiling! Like all Safari wildlife figurines, our Oryx figurine has been hand painted and crafted with immaculate attention to detail, resulting in a truly life-like model.
- Size and Color: Standing 4.5 inches tall and 4.7 inches wide, both dimensions of this figurine are roughly the same size as the height of a soda can. The Arabian Oryx is predominantly white, but has brown markings on its face, belly, and legs.
- The Arabian Oryx is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
The Arabian Oryx was actually classified as extinct in the wild during the 1970’s. However, some were kept in captivity in zoos and preserves, and these remaining individuals were able to be bred until they were reintroduced into the wild about a decade later. In the 1980’s, the Arabian Oryx was classified as endangered on the conservation status spectrum. Due to a continously successful reintroduction program, they are now designated as a vulnerable species with a worldwide population of just under 10,000 individuals.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12 L x 4.8 W x 11.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.72 L x 1.89 W x 4.53 H
- UPC: 095866284800
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh