Safari Ltd Areion
Black as night and fast as light, Areion is truly the steed of gods and heroes. Areion was a wild horse, tamed only three times in all mythology. Areion was said to be the fastest of all horses, able to carry a hero away from trouble as quickly as he’d found it.
- Scientific Name: Areion
- Characteristics: This figure captures the wild eyes and limitless energy of one of the more famous horses in mythology. Only heroes like Hercules could tame Areion, and those who did could ride like the wind.
- Size and Color: Intelligent eyes and a mouthful of teeth are the only contrast to the sleek black color of this lively figure. Reared up on its hind legs, the 5 ½ inches long and 4 ½ tall horse is about the size of a small paperback book.
- The Areion is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Areion was very popular in Greek myths, receiving mentions in epic stories, poems, and even travelogues across 11 centuries! Demeter and Poseidon are commonly given as Areion’s parents. And like any creature with two gods in its family tree, Areion was both skilled and powerful. The horse resisted being tamed, but could run faster than any other horse in mythology.
“This horse is faster than the clouds, son,” Adrastus said of Areion before a chariot race. It was the boy’s first time driving Areion, and his father had warned him that the black horse needed neither bit nor bridle, neither spur nor voice. It would run, he had been told, faster than he could imagine. And so it did. Areion lit out ahead of the other chariot races, pulling the son of Adrastus faster than he’d ever wished to ride. The horse recognized that his passenger was lighter, so Areion swerved and dashed, whipping the chariot back and forth. The son of Adrastus won the race, but he never again asked to ride Areion, the fastest horse in the land.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.75 L x 13.25 W x 11.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.41 L x 5.22 W x 4.53 H
- UPC: 095866802301
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh