Safari Ltd Armadillo - large
Famous for their leathery armored shells, armadillos are a type of mammal found throughout the Americas. There are over 20 species of armadillo and they’re usually about 30 inches long. However, the giant armadillo can grow to be double that size.
- Scientific Name: Order Cingulata
- Characteristics: Although you might think the armadillo’s shell is only used to shield it from the bite of predators, they also employ them by fleeing would-be hunters into otherwise precarious places such as thorn bushes. Individually painted by hand, this figurine is wonderful as a toy for play, as a piece of cute décor, or even as a gift for a nature lover.
- Size and Color: While the armadillo’s physical appearance varies between species, they’re predominantly gray with light pink skin. 6.75 inches long and 2.25 inches tall, this model is about the size of a soda can, albeit a few inches longer.
- The Armadillo is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Despite the large amount of armadillo species, all of them can be found in South America. They have few natural predators, which has allowed them to slowly spread all throughout Central America and into the southern United States. Unfortunately, many armadillo species are endangered. They primarily suffer from habitat loss and fragmentation, and they are sometimes hunted for their leathery skin.
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 16 L x 4 W x 6 H
- Size in inches: 6.3 L x 1.57 W x 2.36 H
- UPC: 095866262808
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh