Safari Ltd Babirusa
The babirusa is a unique member of the pig family known for its long, curving tusks. Its name means “deer pig” and refers both to the antler-like tusks, and the long, deer-like legs. Babirusa are only found in the Wallacea island group in Indonesia.
- Scientific Name: Genus Babyrousa
- Characteristics: Our babirusa figure is replicated in exacting hand painted detail, accurately capturing its wrinkled skin and curved tusks in its upper and lower jaw.
- Size and Color: This babirusa measures 4 inches long and 2.25 inches high, about as tall as a credit card stood on its side, and just a bit longer. Its wrinkly skin is grayish brown above and pale pink below, with dark brown hooves and snout. Its tusks are a light beige.
- The Babirusa is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Babirusa were once thought to be a single species, but now it is believed there are four separate types, the most recognizable of which is the Sulawesi babirusa. These animals are only located on specific islands in the Wallacea group, and their presence on some islands but not others may be due to humans bringing them from island to island to give as gifts. All babirusa types face threats from hunting and habitat loss, and are either listed as vulnerable or, in the case of the Togian babirusa, endangered.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.5 L x 3 W x 5.7 H
- Size in inches: 4.13 L x 1.18 W x 2.24 H
- UPC: 095866002237
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK