Safari Ltd Bactrian Camel
Bactrian camels can be found in the desert regions of central and Eastern Asia. Unlike dromedary camels, Bactrian camels can easily be distinguished by the two humps on their back. They’re quite large, and can be over 7 feet tall and weigh over 1,800 pounds.
- Scientific Name: Camelus bactrianus
- Characteristics: Bactrian camels can live to be over 50 years old, so you’ll have tons of time to spend with this amazing animal! All Safari wildlife figurines feature beautiful craftsmanship in order to capture the spirit of each animal they portray, and this Bactrian camel is no different!
- Size and Color: Measuring 4.25 inches long and 3.75 inches tall, this model is about an inch longer and taller than a deck of cards stood on its side. Bactrian camels commonly have either brown or beige hair, which comes in as a thick, shaggy coat.
- The Bactrian Camel is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Bactrian camels are often heralded for their efficiency as pack animals. They’re able to carry up to 500 pounds, and can walk up to 30 miles a day. They were believed to have been domesticated 3,500 years ago in either Afghanistan or Turkey. However, due to incomplete and spotty records, it’s difficulty to clarify which culture first domesticated them.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.8 L x 4 W x 9.69 H
- Size in inches: 4.25 L x 1.57 W x 3.81 H
- UPC: 095866290900
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh