Safari Ltd Bamboo Shark
Bamboo Sharks are a small family of cartilaginous fish found in the Indo-Pacific Ocean. They don’t grow longer than four feet in length, and have long, thin bodies with whisker-like barbels near their mouths.
- Scientific Name: Family Hemiscylliidae
- Characteristics: This accurate, detailed Bamboo Shark features the long, cylinder-shaped body the family is known for, with small barbels on its face and large spiracles (breathing holes) underneath the eyes. Its distinctive bars mark the figure as a juvenile, or young shark.
- Size and Color: This hand-painted Bamboo Shark figure measures 5 ¼ inches long and just over 1 inch high to the top of its dorsal fin. It’s just a bit shorter than a standard ballpoint pen. The shark’s coloration is alternating dark brown and lighter brown bars, with white eyes and a cream-colored underside.
- The Bamboo Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Bamboo Sharks live in shallow, rocky areas, and do not have to keep moving to force water through their gills to breathe like most shark species. They lazily search the seafloor for food, which includes fish and invertebrates. These sharks do well in captivity and are often found in aquariums.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.3 L x 4.4 W x 2.9 H
- Size in inches: 5.24 L x 1.73 W x 1.14 H
- UPC: 095866003685
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items. *Excluding pre-sale items
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh