Safari Ltd Black Bear Cub
Like many mammals, black bear cubs rely on their mother’s for protection early on in their infancy and stay with them for nearly 2 years before heading out on their own. However, don’t mistake them as being completely helpless – these cubs can climb trees to avoid predators.
- Scientific Name: Ursus Americanus
- Characteristics:Hand painted and expertly sculpted with life-like realism, this model makes an excellent gift for a nature enthusiast or collector, an addition to a diorama, or a toy for engaging and educational play. Be careful – this little one’s mother may come looking for it!
- Size and Color: With a shadowy black coat and sandy brown nose, this accurately painted figurine captures the look of black bear cub perfectly. Only 3 inches long and 1.6 inches tall, this little one is a touch shorter than a deck of cards on its side, and certainly has some growing to do!
- The Black Bear Cub is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Despite the size of fully matured black bears, their cubs are rarely larger than a pound at birth. Black bear cubs are typically blind for up to 4 weeks, and can begin walking at 5 weeks. Until they’re about a year and a half old, cubs rely on their mothers for everything, including food, protection, transportation, and warmth. In fact, motherhood for a black bear is so demanding that they typically lose a third of their bodyweight caring for their young during the winter months. Talk about motherly dedication!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.6 L x 2.7 W x 4.1 H
- Size in inches: 2.99 L x 1.06 W x 1.61 H
- UPC: 095866273606
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh