Safari Ltd Black Jaguar
Interestingly, the shade of black jaguars’ fur can vary depending on their genetic makeup. Since the allele (alternative form of a gene) that makes their fur color black is dominant, jaguars with two of those dominant alleles will be darker than jaguars with only one.
- Scientific Name: Panthera onca
- Characteristics: As dark and as silent as the night itself, this stealthy jaguar is on the prowl for prey. Painted by hand and crafted by experts with exceptional care to detail, this figurine is wonderful as an addition to a nature enthusiast’s collection or diorama, as an educational resource in a classroom, or just a tool for imaginative play.
- Size and Color: 4 inches long and 1.95 inches tall, this model is a little longer and about the same height as a credit card stood upright. Even though these felines’ fur is jet black, in the right light you can see that they still have the unique spots characteristic of jaguars.
- The Black Jaguar is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Although you might think otherwise, a black coat is actually disadvantageous for a jaguar, despite them being nighttime hunters. The reason for this is that it’s much harder for most animals to spot a patterned figured amidst foliage, which is why most large cats have stripes and spots. However, studies have suggested that the black coloration in jaguars is linked to beneficial effects on their immune system, which might in part explain its prevalence.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.25 L x 1.1 W x 5 H
- Size in inches: 4.04 L x 0.43 W x 1.97 H
- UPC: 095866224400
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh