Safari Ltd Black Panther
Contrary to popular belief, the black panther is not its own species. Rather, it’s the melanistic color variant of any member of the Panthera species. In other words, black panthers from Asia and Africa are actually leopards, and black panthers found in the Americas are jaguars.
- Scientific Name: Genus Panthera
- Characteristics: Stalking through the dark shadows of the undergrowth, this enormous cat’s unique coat doesn’t hinder its prowess as a hunter! Crafted by professional artists and hand painted with care, all Safari figurine are scientifically accurate with true-to-life details.
- Size and Color: Black panthers have dark black coats, and depending on the region in which they’re found, have the markings of either a leopard or a jaguar. 5 inches long and 2 inches tall, this figurine the size of a soda can laid on its side.
- The Black Panther is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Interestingly, studies have suggested that the black coloration in big cats may be linked to beneficial effects for their immune system, which might in part explain its prevalence. Researchers also believe that the coat of the black panther may be advantageous for hunting, primarily in dense forests where the light level is low. Wherever you decide to display this beautiful figurine, make sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t slink off into the shadows!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 12.5 L x 5.3 W x 4.44 H
- Size in inches: 4.92 L x 2.09 W x 1.75 H
- UPC: 095866272807
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh