Safari Ltd Black Rhino
Also known as the hook-lipped rhinoceros, the black rhino is a member of the Diceros genus endemic to the woodlands, wetlands, forests, and semi-desert savannah regions of eastern and southern Africa. Despite their massive size, they can run as fast as 30 mph.
- Scientific Name: Diceros bicornis
- Characteristics: Like all Safari figurines, this black rhino model has been hand painted and crafted with an immaculate attention to detail, making it exceptional as a teaching aid, toy for play, gift, and more. Unlike the white rhino, black rhinos tend to have much larger horns – the largest of which can reach up to 4 feet in height!
- Size and Color: Despite their name, black rhinos are predominantly either brown or cement-gray in color, and have pearlescent white horns. 5.75 inches long and 2.5 inches tall, this figurine is a touch larger than soda can resting on its side.
- The Black Rhino is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Before the turn of the 20th century, black rhinos were the most populated of all the rhino species. However, between 1900 and 1995 their numbers dropped from 850,000 to around 2,400 individuals, a loss of 98 percent of the species. Rhinos are primarily affected by habitat loss and habitat fragmentation, as well as high levels of illegal hunting and poaching in order to obtain their horns for medicinal or ornamental use.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14.5 L x 3 W x 6.75 H
- Size in inches: 5.71 L x 1.18 W x 2.66 H
- UPC: 095866228903
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK