Safari Ltd Black Widow Spider - large
The amazingly detailed Incredible Creatures® collection features scaled model figures of reptiles, fish, invertebrates, mammals and more. With these larger-scaled animal figures, you can get up close and personal with lifelike detail that’s perfect for play.
Black widow spiders are part of the “widow spider” group, which includes 31 species all contained within the family Theridiidae. Although they have a reputation for being venomous, the black widow isn’t the most dangerous widow spider.
- Scientific Name: Genus Latrodectus
- Characteristics: Because females have larger venom glands than males, only female black widow bites are particularly dangerous to humans. Hand painted and crafted by professionals, we promise this black widow model doesn’t bite!
- Size and Color: As is characteristic of the family, this black widow figurine is predominantly black with a distinctive red hourglass marking. Measuring 7 inches long and 5 inches wide, this model is about as long as a 16 oz. water bottle on its side and as wide as a dollar bill.
- The Black Widow Spider is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Although widow spiders can be found on every continent except for Antarctica, black widows are primarily endemic to North America. Their main prey is other insects, although they’ve been known to eat spiders and small rodents. They are not ambush hunters, which means they do not hide in wait for prey, but instead rely on ensnaring insects and animals in their web. They are not believed to be threatened, and are fairly common throughout their range.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 18 L x 12 W x 5 H
- Size in inches: 7.09 L x 4.72 W x 1.97 H
- UPC: 095866545406
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|