Safari Ltd Blacktip Reef Shark
A member of the requiem shark family that can be found in shallow waters in the Indian and Pacific Ocean, the blacktip reef shark is a relatively small species of shark. They rarely grow beyond a length of five feet, and usually weigh between 200 and 250 pounds.
- Scientific Name: Carcharhinus melanopterus
- Characteristics: Although the blacktip reef shark very rarely attacks humans, its best you handle our life-like model instead of the real thing! Individually hand painted and sculpted by professionals, this figurine is scientifically accurate!
- Size and Color: As their name suggests, blacktip reefs sharks have distinctive black tips on all of their fins, as well as slate gray skin with a white underside. 5.75 inches long and 1.5 inches wide, this figurine is roughly the size of a soda can resting on its side.
- The Blacktip Reef Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Blacktip reef sharks are very important members of the ecosystems that they inhabit, primarily because they are often the apex predator in the food chain. They are currently listed as near threatened on the IUCN red list, and their current population trend is defined as decreasing. While their populations are not fragmented from one another, they are mainly declining because blacktip reef sharks often end up as bycatch in many inshore fisheries.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.5 L x 6.7 W x 3.8 H
- Size in inches: 5.31 L x 2.64 W x 1.5 H
- UPC: 095866200008
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh