Safari Ltd Blue Shark Monterey Bay Aquarium
Found in the deep waters of the world’s temperate and tropical oceans, the blue shark is a fairly large shark species. They can grow to be over 10 feet long and generally prey upon small fish and squid, although they have been documented attacking larger creatures.
- Scientific Name: Prionace glauca
- Characteristics: Blue shark attacks on humans are exceptionally rare, and only 13 attacks have been recorded over the last few centuries. Still, it’s probably best you study and handle our scientifically accurate and life-like model instead of the real thing!
- Size and Color: 7 inches long and 3 inches wide, our blue shark model is roughly the size of a 16 oz. water bottle resting on its side. As its name suggests, the blue shark has a bright blue upper side and flanks, as well as a white belly.
- The Blue Shark is part of the Monterey Bay Aquarium® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The blue shark is classified as near threatened by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature. It is believed that 20 million blue shark are fished every year, either intentionally or as bycatch. Their meat is often used as fishmeal, and their skin can be used as a leather substitute. Because of this, the blue shark is unfortunately believed to be on the verge of becoming vulnerable.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 17.5 L x 6.5 W x 5.3 H
- Size in inches: 6.89 L x 2.56 W x 2.09 H
- UPC: 095866021184
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh