Safari Ltd Bonnethead Shark
A member of the hammerhead genus, the bonnethead shark can be found in coastal waters throughout northern South America, Central America, and southern North America. Compared to other shark species they are fairly small, and rarely grow beyond 2 to 3 feet long.
- Scientific Name: Sphyrna tiburo
- Characteristics: Not only are shark attacks on humans exceptionally rare to begin with, the bonnethead shark has not been associated with any attacks on humans. Hand painted and beautifully sculpted, this figurine makes a perfect gift for aspiring or experienced marine biologists alike!
- Size and Color: Standing 2 inches tall and 5.5 inches long, our bonnethead shark model is the size of a soda can on its side. Like most shark species, the bonnethead has a slate gray body with a white underside.
- The Bonnethead Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Bonnethead sharks are the only known shark species that display sexual dimorphism. In other words, there’s a distinct physical difference between the males and females. Females have a broad and round head, whereas the male head is less round, and has a noticeable bulge on the edges. The bonnethead is currently classified as least concern by the IUCN, and their population trend is believed to be stable.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.75 L x 4 W x 4.75 H
- Size in inches: 5.41 L x 1.57 W x 1.87 H
- UPC: 095866000622
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh