Safari Ltd Brachiosaurus Baby
Brachiosaurus was a large herbivorous sauropod dinosaur that lived during the Late Jurassic Period (155-150 million years ago) in what is now western North America.
- Safari Ltd Model 301229
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.5 x 7.5 cm
- Size in inches: 2.95 x 2.95 inches
Brachiosaurus is a rare dinosaur, and none of the known skeletons are complete. We knew nothing about the juveniles until recently, when a small skeleton, about 6 feet long, was found in Wyoming. This sounds big, but when you consider that an adult was about 85 feet long, you can see that this would have been a very young animal when it died. The skeleton shows very clearly the short neck and front leg characteristic of the juvenile Brachiosaurus.
- Scientific Name: Branchiosaurus
- Characteristics: Brachiosaurus had a small head, long neck and tail, and a huge, barrel-shaped body. Like all sauropod dinosaurs, they walked on all fours, but unique to sauropods, the front legs were longer, not shorter, than the hind legs. This, and the long neck, allowed it to reach far into the forest canopy in search of leafy food. A baby Brachiosaurus looked much like the adult, but curiously had much shorter necks and front legs.
- Size and Color: This model is 3 inches long and 3 inches high. Like the model of the adult, it is green on its back, and a lighter yellow on its belly.
- The Brachiosaurus Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh