Safari Ltd Brown Swiss Bull
Brown Swiss cattle originated in Switzerland, the result of breeding German cattle and smaller Swiss cattle. The effect was a larger animal that responded well to the demands of terrain and climate of Switzerland. A Brown Swiss bull might weigh 2000 pounds.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: Brown Swiss bulls are larger animals with strong legs, as this figure displays.
- Size and Color: At 5 ½ inches long and 3 ¼ inches stall, this sturdy Brown Swiss bull is similar in size to a large chocolate bar. As with most Brown Swiss cattle, it has a lighter back along with black hooves and snout.
- The Brown Swiss Bull is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Brown Swiss cattle may have been around for many centuries, but records extend back only to the 19th century. It’s known that German cows were mixed with native Swiss animals in an attempt to increase the size of the native stock. It worked, and the resulting Brown Swiss breed became known for above-average size and strong legs, a necessity in the often rough and rocky Swiss terrain. Brown Swiss Cattle were first imported to the US in 1869, but by the early 1900s, disease had ended imports. About 160 cattle in all were imported, yet from that small number the US Brown Swiss population has grown into the tens of thousands today, as the animals are still valued for their cheese production.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 14 L x 8.25 H
- Size in inches: 5.51 L x 3.25 H
- UPC: 095866000196
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
Please check your Flybuys number againOK