Safari Ltd Brown Swiss Cow
If Switzerland and cheese are closely associated, it’s because of the Brown Swiss cow. Not only does the breed yield excellent milk, but also the fat-to-protein ratio is ideal for cheese making, a fact not missed by dairy farmers.
- Scientific Name: Bos taurus
- Characteristics: A little trimmer than a Brown Swiss bull, this Brown Swiss cow is a star on the dairy farm, with a pleasant face reflecting its calm demeanor.
- Size and Color: Brown Swiss cows are not all brown, of course, and this figure is brownish grey with some white fur. The 5 ¼ inch long figure does have the black snout and hooves typical of the breed.
- The Brown Swiss Cow is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Brown Swiss cows come from cattle domesticated in Switzerland, but where did those cattle come from? The answer is the mighty Aurochs. The Aurochs, a six-foot-tall grass browser that spent 400,000 years roaming Europe, Asia, and Africa, is the root species of all modern cattle, both taurine and tropical. The last Aurochs died remarkably recently in 1627, but scientists seek to resurrect the species so that it can fulfill the valuable ecological purpose of keeping grasslands clear, which allows smaller mammals and insects that rely on those grasslands to thrive. Right now, back breeding of cattle with primitive characteristics is occurring in multi-generational efforts to bring back the Aurochs.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 8.25 L x
- Size in inches: 3.25 L x
- UPC: 095866000219
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|