Safari Ltd California Sea Lion
Native to the coastal waters of western North America, the California sea lion is one of five known species of sea lion. As you may have guessed, their name comes from the fact that they are densely distributed in the waters around California, specifically in the Gulf of California.
- Scientific Name: Zalophus californianus
- Characteristics: As adorable as they look, sea lions can be very territorial and aggressive. Instead of the real thing, study and observe this beautifully crafted and individually hand painted model!
- Size and Color: California sea lions have dark brown fur that tends to be lighter towards the head. 4.75 inches long and 2.5 inches wide, this model is a bit smaller than a soda can on its side.
- The California Sea Lion is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The California sea lion is classified as a species of least concern by the IUCN, and their overall numbers are believed to be just shy of 400,000 individuals. However, sea lions are threatened by human activity, including the dispersal of garbage and pollutants into their habitat. The California sea lion is thankfully guarded by the federal Marine Mammal Protection Act, which outlaws hunting, killing, and capturing these amazing animals.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 10.5 L x 6.5 W x 4.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.13 L x 2.56 W x 1.77 H
- UPC: 095866225001
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh