Safari Ltd Camarasaurus
Camarasaurus was a large sauropod dinosaur, growing up to 75 feet long. It lived during the Late Jurassic Period, 150 million years ago, and is known to have tussled with the predatory Allosaurus.
- Scientific Name:Camarasaurus, meaning ‘Chambered lizard’
- Characteristics:This hand-painted figure features accurate details of Camarasaurus’s distinctive features, including its blunt, squarish head and relatively short neck (for a sauropod).
- Size and Color:: This Camarasaurus figure is 13 ½ inches and 6 ¼ inches tall, slightly longer than a standard American ruler and a bit taller than a can of soda. Its main coloration is gray above and cream below, with cream markings on its face and brown striping along its back and tail. Its eyes are yellow-orange.
- The Camarasaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Though Camarasaurus was first discovered and named in the late 1870s, a complete skeleton would not be discovered until 1925. Since then, many complete skeletons have been uncovered, which is rare for sauropods, whose skulls are fragile and normally destroyed before fossilization can happen. Camarasaurus has a skull that is quite distinctive among sauropod dinosaurs, in that it is deep and blunted. Many sauropod skulls, such as those of Diplodocus or Apatosaurus, are known to be longer and narrower.
Camarsaurus remains are frequently found in a location called the Morrison Foundation, alongside popular and iconic dinosaurs like Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus. It was likely preyed upon by predatory theropods including Ceratosaurus and Allosaurus.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 35 L x 7 W x 16 H
- Size in inches: 13.78 L x 2.76 W x 6.3 H
- UPC: 095866003586
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh