Safari Ltd Carabao
he national animal of the Philippines, the carabao is a type of water buffalo that is most commonly found in swampy areas with established water sources. Known for their size, male carabaos can grow up to 55 inches (140 cm) tall and weigh as much as 1,100 pounds (500 kg).
- Scientific Name: Bubalus bubalis
- Characteristics: Despite being well adapted to hot climates, carabaos need sources of water to cool off in, and this individual is on the lookout for a river or wallow to splash around in! Crafted and painted by hand with a meticulous attention to detail, this figurine will please any nature enthusiast.
- Size and Color: 4.25 inches long and 2.25 inches tall, this model is about the size of a credit card stood upright. Like all carabaos, it features a slate gray skin coloration with lighter colored feet as well as sickle-shaped horns.
- The Carabao is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Certainly the most vital animal to the welfare of agriculture in the Philippines, the carabao has many different jobs and uses. Carabaos can often be found pulling a “Paragos,” which is a wooden tool that flattens the land for farming. Farmers will attach one to a carabao, and stand on it while the carabao pulls it, ultimately tilling the land in preparation for crops. If you decide to take this magnificent mammal home with you, make sure it has a watering hole to cool off in on those hot summer days!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11.5 L x 9.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.53 L x 3.74 H
- UPC: 095866001827
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh