Safari Ltd Caribou
Well adapted to the cooler climates of northern Canada and Alaska, the caribou is a relatively large mammal that densely populates the ecosystems in which its found. Caribous are extremely fast and can reach speeds of up to 50 mph (80 km/h), which helps them elude predators.
- Scientific Name: Rangifer tarandus caribou
- Characteristics: You might think that only the males have antlers, but in many caribou species this is not true – females have antlers as well! Fantastic as toys, tools in a classroom, as additions to a wildlife figurine collection, and much more, all of our models are hand-painted and crafted with the utmost attention to detail.
- Size and Color: 4.5 inches long and 3.75 inches tall, the dimensions of this figurine are both about an incher larger than a deck of cards stood on its side. Perfectly depictive of a real caribou, this statuette has ashy silver fur with tawny brown antlers.
- This Caribou is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Overall, caribou are not considered threatened or vulnerable, and are classified as “least concern” on the conservation status spectrum. However, their numbers are declining in many areas of North America due to global warming as well as human development in their natural habitats, and certain niche species like the woodland caribou are quickly approaching endangered status. The main food source of the caribou is lichen, so make sure you have some stored away when you take this figurine home!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11.5 L x 9.5 W x H
- Size in inches: 4.53 L x 3.74 W x 0.0 H
- UPC: 095866001476
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh