Safari Ltd Carnotaurus
One of the most unique Theropod dinosaurs ever discovered, Carnotaurus had many features that make it unlike any other dinosaur, including its unusually deep skull topped with two short, spiky horns. This meat eater lived around 70 million years ago in what is now Argentina.
- Safari Ltd Model 100310
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 26.5 x 7 x 9.5 cm
- Size in inches: 10.43 x 2.76 x 3.74 inches
Carnotaurus is one of the few Theropods found with well preserved skin impressions that give us a better idea of how the dinosaur looked in life. At least part of its body was covered in raised knobby “scutes” that may have served to protect Carnotaurus as they engaged in combat with each other, perhaps to impress a mate. This is also believed to be the reason for its thick, powerful neck and the horns above its brow.
Carnotaurus is known from a single skeleton, discovered in 1984 during the same fossil hunting expedition that unearthed Amargasaurus, though they were not found in the same location and did not live during the same time period.
- Scientific Name: Carnotaurus (“Meat-eating Bull”) sastrei
- Characteristics: This Carnotaurus figure is scientifically accurate and highly detailed, showing off this dinosaur’s many unique traits, including its deep skull, spiked brow horns, tiny arms and bumpy knobs covering its body. It is sculpted in a walking pose, perhaps on the prowl for a Saltasaurus to eat.
- Size and Color: This figure measures nearly 11 inches long and is 4 inches tall. It’s about as long as a standard American ruler. The Carnotaurus’s body is a drab green with a dark brown reticulated pattern and a darker brown stripe along its back. Its head is orange and its feet are gray.
- The Carnotaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh