Safari Ltd Catfish - large
The amazingly detailed Incredible Creatures® collection features scaled model figures of reptiles, fish, invertebrates, mammals and more. With these larger-scaled animal figures, you can get up close and personal with lifelike detail that’s perfect for play.
Catfish belong to an order of freshwater and saltwater fishes that are notable for whisker-like structures called barbels on their face. Most catfish are bottom feeders, and use their sensitive barbels to help them find food in murkier waters near the bottom.
- Scientific Name: Order Siluriformes
- Characteristics:This Incredible Creatures Catfish toy includes a number of features typical to this order of fishes: eight barbels (whiskers) on its face, a small fleshy second dorsal fin, and a relatively drab coloration to help it blend in with the muddy waters it inhabits.
- Size and Color:This figure is 6 1/8 inches long and 2 ½ inches to the top of its dorsal fin. It’s about the size of a smart phone. Its body is a dark olive green above fading to white on the belly, with rosy accents on its fins.
- The Catfish is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Catfish are widespread and can be found on every continent except for Antarctica. While they are very diverse, with numerous families in South America, Africa and Asia, there is only one family native to North America: Ictaluridae, whose members include the bullheads, channel catfish, madtoms, and blue catfish.
Catfish are popular sport fish, food fish, and aquarium fish. They range in size from tiny parasitic catfish just a few millimeters long, to the Mekong giant catfish, the wels catfish, and the piraiba, which can all grow up to 10 feet or longer.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 15.56 L x 11.43 W x 6.67 H
- Size in inches: 6.13 L x 4.5 W x 2.63 H
- Scale: 1:3.2
- UPC: 095866004316
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh