Safari Ltd Chimera
Lion, goat, and serpent, the Chimera continues the mythological tradition of frightening hybrids. She comes from a famous family as well, counting the three-headed hellhound Cerberus and the nasty five-headed Hydra among her brothers.
- Scientific Name: Chimaera
- Characteristics: This figure captures the most frightening character that ancient imaginations could create. The Chimera has heads of a lion, goat, and serpent, a powerful lion body, wings like a dragon, and a poisonous snake for a tail.
- Size and Color: At 7 inches long from its serpent head to its snake tail, Chimera is a formidable figure. The scaly head of the serpent, the wild mane of the lion, and the textured fur of the goat all come together to make this hybrid one of the most unique figures out there.
- The Chimera is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The Greek writer Homer gives the terrifying Chimera the abilities of all animals that made up the hybrid. It has the agility of a mountain goat, the power of a lion, and the cunning of a serpent. Taken together, this beast is the stuff myths are made of. However, the creature was far more popular in ancient artwork than in literature, with its likeness emblazoned on countless statues, pottery, and plates. Myths told of a nearly indestructible creature, at least until the hero Bellerophon appeared.
Bellerophon arrived before King Iobates with a strange letter in hand. Unknown to the hero, the letter begged the reader to put Bellerophon to death! King Iobates, not wanting to appear inhospitable, instead sent the hero on an impossible quest: to defeat the Chimera ravaging the countryside. Bellerophon rode the flying horse Pegasus toward his foe, unaware of its power. He was shocked, then, to discover a beast combining the abilities of a goat, lion, and serpent. He was even more shocked when the beast took to the air on strong wings and shot flame across the sky. With only his spear in hand, Bellerophon flew Pegasus as close as he dared and flung the spear, embedding it in the creature’s neck. Its next blast of flame melted the spearhead, ending the Chimera’s reign of terror.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 18 L x 13 W x 10.5 H
- Size in inches: 7.09 L x 5.12 W x 4.13 H
- UPC: 095866801403
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh