Safari Ltd Chinstrap Penguin
Endemic to the rocky islands and shores of the Southern Pacific and Antarctic Ocean, the chinstrap penguin is a flightless aquatic bird that gets its name from the black band under its head. They are also sometimes called stonecracker penguins because of their grating call.
- Scientific Name: Pygoscelis antarctica
- Characteristics: Flippers back, this penguin is about to take a dive into frigid waters in search of food! Hand painted for true-to-life accuracy and realism, this chinstrap penguin model is exceptional as a toy, as an educational tool in or outside a classroom, as an addition to a collection or diorama, or even as a gift for a penguin lover!
- Size and Color: 2.93 inches long and 2.46 inches tall, this figurine is roughly the size of a deck of cards stood on its side. Like this model, all chinstrap penguins have white chests and faces, black backs, large black beaks, and of course the iconic black band that runs beneath their head.
- The Chinstrap Penguin is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Like almost all species of penguins, chinstrap penguins are excellent swimmers and can cruise around at speeds of 20 miles per hour when underwater. On land they’re less graceful, and typically get around by laying on their stomach while pushing themselves with their flippers and feet. Thankfully, these beautiful creatures are not considered threatened or endangered, and it’s estimated there are up to 7.5 million breeding pairs globally.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7.5 L x 7.5 W x 6.3 H
- Size in inches: 2.95 L x 2.95 W x 2.48 H
- UPC: 095866220402
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh