Safari Ltd Clydesdale Stallion
Bred for pulling, the Clydesdale is one of the most readily recognizable of all horse breeds, thanks to its mammoth size, unique traits, and some witty advertising. At 18 hands high, these giants are notable for broad faces, strength, and extensive feathering about the ankles.
- Safari Ltd Model 157805
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 13.2 x 4 x 10.5 cm
- Size in inches: 5.2 x 1.57 x 4.13 inches
Draft horses are known as cold blooded because of their gentle temperaments. The Clydesdale is a heavy draft horse, an animal bred for the needs of farmers and industry. Their name comes from the River Clyde, which flows through the Scottish town of Lanarkshire, which was once known as Clydesdale. Farmers there desired an especially strong horse for agricultural needs, and industrialialists needed a powerful horse for pulling wagons. Thanks to the well-established breeding practices in Scotland, the breed quickly standardized and the best attributes were maintained. Because of its size and temperament, the Clydesdale has been used to improve several other breeds, most notably the Gypsy Vanner.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: The classic Clydesdale stallion is presented here, evident by the solid musculature, white feathering, and broad, intelligent face. This figure is ready for action.
- Size and Color: This 5 ½-inch-long by 4 ¼-inch-tall figure features the bay color most often associated with Clydesdales, along with a black mane and tail and white feathering at the ankles. It’s a little smaller than a paperback novel.
- The Clydesdale Stallion is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh