Safari Ltd Coral Snake - extra large
The amazingly detailed Incredible Creatures® collection features scaled model figures of reptiles, fish, invertebrates, mammals and more. With these larger-scaled animal figures, you can get up close and personal with lifelike detail that’s perfect for play.
Have you ever heard the rhyme: “red and black, friend of Jack. Red and yellow, kills a fellow?” This limerick exists to help people distinguish between a venomous coral snake, whose bite can be very serious, and harmless counterparts like the scarlet king snake.
- Scientific Name: Family Elapidae
- Characteristics: Although coral snake venom is incredibly potent, they only bite when they feel threatened. We promise this individually hand painted figurine has no interest in harming you!
- Size and Color: Measuring 23 inches long and .5 inches tall, this model is about as long as two standard sized American rulers, and as tall as a quarter stood upright. Coral snakes are always red, black, and yellow, but the actual alignment of those colors is necessary to determine the species. Remember the rhyme!
- The Coral Snake is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
There are over 70 coral snake species worldwide, and most are found in the western hemisphere. However, genetic studies have found that the coral snake’s heritage began somewhere in Asia. Most coral snake species are small in size and rarely grow to be longer than three feet. However, some have been known to grow to be over six feet long. There are even aquatic variations with specially adapted tails for swimming!
- Recommended Age: 18 months and up
- Size in cm: 60 L x 11.3 W x 1.5 H
- Size in inches: 23.62 L x 4.45 W x 0.59 H
- UPC: 095866257408
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh