Safari Ltd Cow Moose
Did you know that a male moose is called a bull, but a female moose is called a cow? The biggest difference in physical appearance between a male and a female moose are the antlers. Males have a large, sprawling set of antlers, while females have none.
- Scientific Name: Alces alces
- Characteristics: Known to be more docile than their male counterparts, this moose is walking over to say hello! With such life like accuracy and beautifully hand painted detail, you can easily imagine this figurine in the frigid forest habitats that moose are endemic too!
- Size and Color: 4.2 inches long and 4.5 inches tall, the dimensions of this figurine are both about an inch shorter than the height of a soda can. Like all moose, this model has a thick coat of dark hickory brown fur that becomes lighter around the legs.
- The Cow Moose is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Moose are solitary animals, and the females do not travel in packs with the males. Instead, they come together during the year to mate, and then go their separate ways. Moose cows stay with their calves for about a year, and then separate shortly before the next year’s mating season. Although female moose are known to be less aggressive than males, they will defend their children fiercely and have been known to attack humans who venture too close to their calves.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 10.75 L x 11.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.23 L x 4.53 H
- UPC: 095866180805
|Rural Auckland Courier||$8.50|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$5.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$8.50|
|South Island Courier||$6.90|
|Rural South Island Courier||$8.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh