Safari Ltd Dachshund
Dachshunds are spunky, friendly dogs of the hound group, meaning they were at one time bred as hunters. In fact, in German, the breed name means badger dog, referring to its ability to sniff and seek badgers. They still have an acute sense of smell and excellent stamina.
- Scientific Name: Canis lupus familiaris
- Characteristics: Alert and feisty, this dachshund figure is a perfect representation of the popular breed, displaying the playful face and toned muscles that make the energetic dog so enjoyable.
- Size and Color: Colored a dark tan, with intensely realistic darker colors creating lifelike facial features, this dachshund figure is 3 ¾ inches long and 2 inches tall, about the same as a pickle.
- The Dachshund is part of the Best in Show collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Illustrations from medieval and early renaissance times show elongated dogs with short legs hunting badgers. Surely, these were precursors to today’s dachshunds, badger dogs from Germany. They were officially recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1885 and grew in popularity in the years after, even as badger hunting all but disappeared. The other qualities of dachshunds, their playful energy and friendliness, ensured their continued success. They rose to the sixth most popular dog at one point and now rank thirteenth.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 9 L x 4.75 H
- Size in inches: 3.54 L x 1.87 H
- UPC: 095866251505
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh