Safari Ltd Dalmatian
Dalmatians have the most distinctive coat of all the spotted dog breeds, making them instantly recognizable favorites. They are smart, outgoing, highly energetic animals, members of the non-sporting breed group.
- Scientific Name: Canis lupus familiaris
- Characteristics: This Dalmatian figure appears attentive and ready to run, not surprising in a dog famed for its intelligence and energy. It’s so lifelike you can almost feel the wet nose.
- Size and Color: The Dalmatian breed has some of the strictest color standards of all dogs. Dalmatians must always be white with black spots, such as this 3 ½ inch long figure. Standing 2 ¾ inches high, it’s about the size of a smaller smartphone.
- The Dalmatian is part of the Best in Show collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Dalmatians have long been associated with fire departments, a story that stretches back to the Civil War era. Before shiny, massive fire trucks, before the internal combustion engine, fire fighters arrived at infernos on horse-drawn wagons. One wagon would carry a steam-powered pump, another would carry ladders, a third would carry extra hoses, others would bring more supplies. These horse-drawn fire fighters relied on carriage dogs to keep the horses focused on moving, and Dalmatians were the carriage dog of choice. In this setting, their brains and energy served them well, allowing them to run alongside horses with confidence. Since those days, steam has been replaced, and fire stations no longer keep stables, but even 150 years later, the Dalmatian is still intimately associated with fire fighters.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 8.5 L x 4 W x 6.7 H
- Size in inches: 3.35 L x 1.57 W x 2.64 H
- UPC: 095866239527
|Rural Auckland Courier||$6.90|
|Rest of North Island Courier||$4.90|
|Rest of Rural North Island Courier||$6.90|
|South Island Courier||$5.50|
|Rural South Island Courier||$7.90|
Postage is only charged once per order - No additional charges for additional items.
We Also Recommend
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh